Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, April 04, 2005

Pirates 1979 World Series Trophy For Sale.....WHAT!?!

So today is opening day for Major League Baseball, yes I know the Yankees and Sox played on Sunday night. I’m a huge fan of the game. I know all the steroid problems, it has been sad for the game. You can bet there are steroids in all the other major sports, I don’t care what kind of testing they have in place. I’m talking to you NFL.

The reason I bring baseball is my team, the Pirates. I’ve been a fan since I was 7. Roberto Clemente is and always will be my favorite player. It’s been rough the last twelve years. I lost today on opening day.

The worst news is the 1979 World Series trophy was nearly sold. That’s right nearly sold, not by the Pirates, but because of the Allegheny HYP Club. . Well it seems the Allegheny HYP Club owes debts and the trophy was considered part of their assets according to news reports. The trophy was loaned to the Allegheny restaurant that used to be in Three Rivers Stadium. The restaurant was closed and became part of the Allegheny Club.

Fortunately a judge has ruled they cannot sell it.

My question is how did this happen in the first place. What is wrong with the Pirates? Why wasn't the trophy given back when the stadium came down?

If the trophy does get sold Roberto and Willie Stargell will be rolling over in their graves.

1 comment(s):

Maybe they wanted to forget the memory of those cake tier hats the Pirates wore in 1979.

By Blogger Chris Vallancourt, at 5:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home