Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Flickr

I like taking photos but hate having someone take mine. You know when people say, "let me take your picture". What am I posing for GQ? If you want to take my picture just take it!

That’s why I never tell someone I’m going to take his or her picture. The camera comes out and click, I got my subject. Usually I take photos of inanimate objects; they are generally more interesting and natural.

So I post my pictures on the web through Flicker.com. Nice site, easy to use and its FREE. So yesterday I heard Yahoo has purchased them. Great now we probably won’t be able to link our photos to non-yahoo sites. It’s tough enough being a Macintosh user.

Hopefully they will leave the site as is.

Now I’m looking for a new digital camera in the $200-250 range. I like and have heard the Olympus 580 is a good one. The only thing is they use the smart card. I have a compact flash in my computer and my current camera. Yes I know they will connect with a USB cable. Of course I’m still using computers from the end of 1999.

Hey if it isn’t broke.

Of course if anyone wants to sell me an iBook cheap let me know.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home