Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, March 25, 2005

Music and March Madness

So I finally locked down a tour to fill the spring. I will be tour managing Mindy Smith who will be opening for Mary Chapin Carpenter. Tour kicks off in St Louis on the 26th and wraps up June 18th in Birmingham, AL. Mindy will be touring solo; well she will have one other musician with her.

__________

On a completely different topic, I want to mention the men’s NCAA tournament. I’m a big Syracuse fan; yes the lousy game they played last week still hurts.

Yesterday the four teams playing in the Syracuse regional held open practices. My nephew who happens to also be a big fan of North Carolina wanted to go. I said sure this could be fun, besides he had the day off from school.

We arrived mid afternoon caught some of the Wisconsin practice, well actually the players just shooting baskets for the last 30 minutes. Wasn’t much of a practice as far as I could see.

North Carolina came out did the usual warm ups and then ran some drills. Then they did some scrimmages. Now the highlight was the last ten minutes when their top players did a dunk demonstration.

I have the tar heels on all my brackets and I have to say they are very talented and very deep. I will be surprised if anyone can stop them.



4 comment(s):

Nice! Big fan of both women. Will Mindi sing acapella? Love her CD.

By Blogger (S)wine, at 2:38 PM  

Mindy will be performing with a second guitar player.

By Blogger Doppler, at 4:39 PM  

Hey,
like your site...if you have time check mine out. I really enjoy Mindy as well as Mary, will they be coming to new orleans on this tour?

John

By Blogger John Holland, at 4:53 PM  

Sorry John, no show in the Big Easy this time around.

I have dates posted here is anyone needs them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kulgreen/id12.html

By Blogger Doppler, at 5:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home