Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Commercial radio.....ZZZZZZZZ

For someone that works in the music industry I have no real idea of what is popular and any given day, unless I look at Billboard Magazine or some other trade. I don’t listen to commercial radio, because like the video channels it’s the same two dozen songs 24 hours a day. FM radio hasn’t been the same since the late 70’s. Sure it’s a business and most people understand this. However the product is stale and predictable. Even the DJ’s or lack there of, most of them are recorded and what they call "canned".

So for the most part it’s CD’s in the car. If I’m listen to something while on the computer at home, it’s Internet radio. Which I believe is the future. Sure some say satellite radio, which I will admit, is very good, but you have to pay for it. Internet radio is free, basically. You get to listen to stations with any type of programming.

Now sure I find myself stuck in my teens as far most music these days. Like I said FM radio died just after the late 70’s. I really enjoy listening to stations, which have that old format.

I find most of these songs still stand up to today’s music. I even hear teens today say they like bands from that time.

Don’t get me wrong there are some good songwriters and songs out there today. The thing is how many of them will people still be talking about and listening to in 25 years.

Ok.....now I sound like my parents.

2 comment(s):

yes internet radio

By Blogger Deek Deekster, at 11:55 AM  

Oh, I am so stuck in the early 70s, when AM was King of Pop and FM was "too weird" for a 12-year-old! Tonight I was at a friends and practically sang all the words to his (yes, HIS) Best of Osmonds CD! LOL

Now I listen to Internet Radio... but can never get out of the "Showtunes" mode...

Nice blog, BTW!

By Blogger Madley, at 7:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home