Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, August 19, 2005

Drugs and Rock & Roll.....really?!

It was around 1998 I believe and I was tour managing a band. We had been out on this particular leg of the tour for about six weeks. I hear a rumor that the bus company we were renting a bus from was being shut down. Why? well it seems the owner was using some of his buses to transport drugs. No our bus was not one of them. I don't remember the company, besides we got it through a broker. The DA and law enforcement were impounding all the buses as evidence.

Now our problem was we still had about a week of the tour left to complete. Fortunately the broker was able to convince them to let us keep the bus for the remainder. Of course as soon as we finished back to Nashville it went to be locked up.

If I remember the owner was sentenced to prison and his wife testified against him in a plea bargain.

I mention this after reading this story. It doesn't say in the article what company the truck came from or what band's gear they had on board.

This will be an interesting story to watch.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home