Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, July 29, 2005

A dream job

People tell me all the time what an interesting job I have. I tell them yes it can be but like any job you get tired of it. The worst part of my career is the unsteadiness of it. I have several resumes out and have been told I am being considered. This is a well and good, but it doesn’t pay the bills.

I have only my self to blame sometimes. You accept that particular position thinking it is the right decision for that time. Usually it is, however once in awhile it isn't and then several months later you think, “Well that was a waste I should have taken that other tour.”

For some years I have wanted to work for a sports franchise, especially a pro baseball team. With my background I could coordinate the travel and hotels etc for a team. I have looked into it but unfortunately with no luck. It seems they don't have many open positions. I guess those folks found their perfect job.

I will continue to look, trust me this is something that I will do someday.

So until then I will continue to live from tour to tour.

5 comment(s):

Thanks for reading. Stop by anytime.

By Blogger Doppler, at 11:24 PM  

Cheer up. Everything happens in its own time. It's hard to fit into something and eventually feel you are trapped into it. Somehow, it reminds me of how I landed into a very different job I remembered I've hated when I was young. Lately, I just understood why I was given this job - if God does exists with this plan, He really does had more tricks up on His sleeve. I loved my job now more than ever. Wait in time and unravel His plans (if HE does exists). ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 PM  

Great site, check mine too at http://anthonylemons.blogspot.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 AM  

I see you blog pop up quite a bit when i'm surfing blogexplosion, and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading it. Best of luck finding the perfect job :)

By Blogger Kristi Joy, at 10:11 PM  

An old UVDelaware friend of my husband's manages George Thorogood & The Destroyers. Mike has been with George since day one and must love it 'cause he's still there. My husband took a summer off years ago and went on a 6-week tour as a roadie, doing whatever was needed, but mainly driving the sax player around because the guy was afraid of flying. My husband discovered early on that it was fun for a while but it wasn't for him. As a former singer myself, we both appreciate the work that goes into what you do but when it's no longer a rush, it's time to regroup and move on. Good luck :)

By Blogger Carolyn, at 12:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home