Doppler, A Roadies View

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Reputation

It’s been several days since my last blog entry. Not much to write about. I appreciate the comments that I’ve been getting lately though.

I haven’t walked away from this career of mine, it’s difficult after 20 years. Besides what do you put on a resume when you apply for a “normal” job? I still would like stability of some sort. Just haven’t found the right job.

I mentioned before that I have several resumes out. Still waiting to hear on those. I had agreed to tour manage a female R&B artist. However it looks like they are going another route. This is kind of a long story that I won’t get into for several reasons.

Last Friday I got an interesting call to work with Sir Elton. Basically it was a call to see if I was interested and available. I told them I was and they said they would let me know. Well as of Tuesday I received the word that I would not be needed after all. I’m guessing the person that was to do the job decided to stay. I can live with that, at least my name is known in that camp now.

You see this business is heavy on reputation. The more people you know the better. You folks that work in movies and television know what I mean. You basically get work by word of mouth. Someone mentions you to a band or the management. You also get work through other touring personnel. I’ve gotten people I know work in the past and sometimes they return the favor.

The bad thing is some of these people I know are looking for work too.

1 comment(s):

wow! look on the bright side, you must be good if Sir Elton's people were even considering you. Kudos to you :)

By Blogger Kristi Joy, at 1:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home