Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, August 12, 2005

What?? See I knew it.

A couple days ago I was talking about gas prices here in the US and my prediction of $2.50/gallon nation wide by Labor Day. Well it looks like it will be sometime next week. As of this morning the average was around $2.47. The two stations near my house have raised the prices 16¢ per gallon since Tuesday.

At this rate it could be $3.00/gallon by the end of the year.

The interesting thing I have noticed is oil companies like Sunoco and Exxon/Mobil raise their prices first. I read somewhere that most of their oil comes from Saudi Arabia.

Yet companies like Hessget there oil from other areas including the US and Tailand.

As of yesterday when I checked locally all the Mobil, Exxon and Sunoco stations were around $2.54/gallon and the Hess station's were around $2.43/gallon.

We are talking 11¢ a gallon. What does this tell you? Think about it.

1 comment(s):

There goes my beer money.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home