Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, July 25, 2005

Freddy Jones Band reunites

From 1996 to 1999 I spent the majority of my time working with the Freddy Jones Band from Chicago. You may not have heard of them however they had a strong following. They sold a fair amount of CD’s yet never quite reached the gold status on any one disc. Many people knew of them from their song “In A Daydream”. The band work 150-175 shows a year, these guys loved to tour.

Several acts who went on to sell millions of CD’s opened for FJB when they were starting out. It became kind of a running joke with bands that opened for the guys. They would tell them on the first day of a tour that they would probably be selling out arenas in a few years. Most of them didn’t really understand what we were talking about.

Anyway the guys broke up around late 1999. Now in 2005 they are getting together for a one time show on August 20th.

I don’t know if I will be able to make it since I may be on tour. I would like to be.

1 comment(s):

No Way. I have one of their CD. Too bad they are performing way across the country. That would be great to listen to them live

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home