Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, August 08, 2005

Gas is....

I average about 7000 miles a year driving my personal vehicle. Now this is mileage when I am not touring, no I don’t drive my own car on tour. Well I have spent so much time at home lately I will probably go over that this year.

I mention all of this due to gas prices. If you drive you know what I’m talking about. Besides the “war” this is the conversation for most people. The national average according to gaspricewatch.com in the US for regular unleaded is $2.36/ gallon.

Here in upstate NY the price is anywhere from $2.38 –2.45 a gallon. With the Labor Day holiday less than a month away you can bet we will all be paying around $2.50/gallon. Don’t be surprised if we are paying $3.00/gallon by the summer of 2006.

I wonder how much I can save if I buy a moped.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home