Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Vodka the other white meat

I don’t know if I have mentioned this before on this blog. I decided in 1992 to give up alcohol. I was not a drunk but could drink with the best of them. I never drank while doing a show. Usually that was reserved for after or on days off. Of course when I was home I would go out and put down a few.

Lately I have had a lot of free time while looking for a new tour. I’m doing my best to keep busy.

I find myself thinking about having a drink. I don’t know what is bringing this on. It’s been 13 years and I haven’t needed to attend AA meetings during this time. Is it the boredom factor, maybe a slight depression, who knows? I just find myself in the grocery store and thinking about picking up that twelve pack. Then I think about the way I felt the next day after having a “few”.

It’s a good thing I don't have a drug addiction.

1 comment(s):

As I composed in the lyrics of my song "American Stupid"
Don't hope on dope
And you will not lose hope.

With music, who needs hard drugs.

I don't drink and I don't smoke.
And I feel good.

By Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima, at 6:05 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home