Doppler, A Roadies View

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Oh boo hoo

The search goes on for a new tour. I can’t believe I have not been able to lock anything down. Maybe my time has passed or someone is telling me something. I still like doing shows and I love the pay. The travel is becoming tiresome though. It’s hard to explain where I’m at as far as touring. I love it and I hate it.

The thing I hate right now is the fact that I’m not working and I’m tired of not getting the gig’s I’m going after.

It’s not just me at least. My phone has been ringing lately from other “roadies” I know asking if I know of any work. These are mostly backline techs and usually I do hear of something, but not as of late.

I have been looking at the “real world” as far a job too. You know doing the Internet search locally on the job banks. There are a lot of jobs in the medical field locally. Some are manufacturing jobs and some are the typical $6-8 hour position.

Now there is nothing wrong with those jobs that pay that amount, but I can’t work for that. It’s not an ego thing, well maybe a little, but at that rate I couldn’t make enough to pay my bills.

It's a hard thing to make a change after 20 years doing the same type of job.

I’ll figure it out….I always do.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home