Doppler, A Roadies View

Saturday, April 16, 2005

A drummer gets his own movie......no way!!

I worked with my first band in 1981; they were just a local cover band. Still it was a great experience and a lot of fun. After all these years it can still be fun, but it’s become a serious career. Let me tell there was a lot of fun in the 80’s.

Now I heard about a new movie about the life of a musician. It’s called Waking Up Dead and no it’s not a horror movie. It’s about a drummer, Phil Varone, formally of the bands, Skid Row and Saigon Kick and his life over; I believe a four-year period. Wait, he’s a drummer, maybe it IS a horror story.

Sorry I couldn’t resist the drummer joke.

It looks like it might be a good DVD rental once it hits the shelves. I don’t know Phil but I can imagine what was going on in his life. Drugs, alcohol, groupies, strippers, lousy food, no sleep, and bad hotels, it’s probably all in this film. It all sounds very familiar.

Luckily things are mellower these days. Now if I weren’t hooked on these, I would be fine.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home