Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, March 18, 2005

what the hell are you talking about??

I love the fact that it’s Friday and I was supposed to know on Wednesday if I was getting hired for a tour. Band managers are so predictable. They always give you a timetable and never stick to it. Then when you call them on it, they get all bent out of shape. I swear that sometimes they have bigger egos than the musicians they manage do. I was told I would have an answer today. I’m not holding my breath.

I’m still trying to figure out a way to make some income when I’m off the road.

Sure I could go get a part time job. Of course what do you tell the employer when the phone rings for that tour. Sorry, it’s been a fun month but I have to go. I hate to do that to people.

I’m still thinking of getting off the road at some point for good. I just need to find a job that would be worth doing for the next 20 years. I have a lot of experience and knowledge, but it’s mostly music related. I suppose I could be an electrician. Of course that means get certified.

I could always do bookkeeping or accounting, wait more schooling. It’s funny I handle ten’s of thousands of dollars and do bookkeeping weekly on the road. Yet to work in some office I need a piece of paper from some school saying I’m qualified to work there.

The job I think that would be good is a UPS driver. You get to be outside, you work by yourself, it pays well and they have a good medical and benefits package. You know women dig a guy in short brown pants.

So I am suppose to go to a concert tonight. Three of the bands crew and I did a tour together a couple years ago. Unfortunately the show is nearly two hours away. I kind of hate to "hang" out at shows. It’s always nice to see road friends, but it’s a bit boring too. I think I will just stay home and do some stuff around here. Yes just another exciting day in the life of a roadie.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home