Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Life's reality


Like many people in my line of work we are misfits in various degrees. How else do you explain the fact that we like to work 15 hour days, travel around on buses and planes. It's a strange life we live. Sure the money is usually good and there are good times. I wouldn't trade it for any other job. Well maybe one or two.

It's a different world though and at some point during the year you have to come back to the "norm". I have a hard time of this. It's difficult to relate to family and those friends that aren't in the business. I find myself just hanging around the house. I don't venture out to the bars or clubs. I'm not much of a socializer these days and realize it's getting worse.

When I'm on the road it's easy. You are with the same group of people all day long for weeks on end. You are comfortable with most of them because you all relate to the situation. I also find it easier to talk to people when I'm on the road. Why? I don't really know. Maybe it's the vagabond factor, is there such a thing? I don't really know how to describe it.

The holidays are upon us and I will be out on the road for the first half of December which is good. However January is looking to be a month of having some time off. I think it might be time to travel for pleasure and not for work.

Labels: , , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home