Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finally a day of rest


Finally a day off, well a partial day off. We departed Kelowna late last night and arrived in Edmonton around 3:30 this afternoon. I think I slept most of the way. However on our bus sleep is not very restful. We are on a Prevost H3 and they are so tall and just sway back and forth. I am stuck in a top bunk so I get tossed around like a rag doll.

Anyway after four shows and a couple days of rehearsal let me reflect a little. Things are coming together on all levels. I am still going through the lighting cues and cleaning things up. The guys have also been changing the set list around a bit. I am also taking on a couple extra jobs on this tour. Besides running lights for the Finger Eleven guys, I am running lights for the opener and also helping out the lighting crew and set carpenter.

Hey any extra cash is a good thing. Even though it makes my day a little longer.

I took a few pictures of the lighting just after sound check yesterday. Kind of hard to see with the venues house lights on but it gives me an idea of how things are progressing.

The show in Toronto next month will be filmed for release as a concert DVD. So I have begun to get ideas for the show since we need to add a bit more lighting for the shoot. I expect to hear from the video crew this week.

Labels: , , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home