Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, November 02, 2007

My work in print...wait video..no photo...


It has been an interesting year in 07. I have been fairly busy having done three different tours with various musical styles. One of those tours was with Five For Fighting who I began touring with in 2002 and have worked with John (the only actual member) off and on over that period. We did some touring last year at this time and then again this past spring.

During that time we filmed a concert in Orlando which will be released to the public next week. I have mixed feelings about it. I am glad it will be coming out especially for John's fans who have been asking for this for some time.

However I wish we could have filmed it with a lighting system that would have translated better to video. We were carrying a small moving light package but not a complete system. So for that show we used the in house system at House of Blues along with the lights we carried.

I should wait till I have seen the whole thing before I pass judgement.

If you have been reading this blog lately you know that I am currently working for Finger Eleven as their lighting director. Plans were to film the show in Toronto this week during the Canadian tour. Of course we never got that far into before the tour was cancelled.

I am disappointed to say the least. Today, we were sent over 900 megs of photos shot during the tour. Most of them early on before I had the cues finalized. The show was looking good and I planned to add a few things for the shoot. The pictures came out great. There are some shots which I believe will be in a DVD they will be releasing in December. This is not concert footage from the new tour but previous stuff along with old video's and photos.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity in 2008 to shoot a new live concert video.

Labels: , , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home