Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, October 01, 2007

Teen idols

The last week or so has been a bit of blur. Saturday night in Detroit ended up being the last show of the US run. Scott's voice finally gave out on him and we had to cancel the St. Louis performance.

Everyone is home on a week long break. Of course what that means for some of us is working at home. We have a new set design for the Canadian tour and we are trying to get things together as I type.

After all these years it never surprises me when I run into someone that I have known in the past or an artist that I know of. The production manager for the tour is someone that I have worked with but it has been years.

Last week we spent a couple days in New Jersey since the band had press in NYC. One morning there were some other tour buses parked in front of the hotel. This is not uncommon at this particular hotel. On Tuesday night we had a late night departure and I was in the elevator heading downstairs. There was a guy on there when I got on. He asked me what band I was with. He said he thought he recognized a couple of the guys earlier in the day. I asked him who he was with and his response was Hanson. Yes the guys that sang MmmBop. It took me a second but I realized it was the singer. He has a beard now. I felt bad and he kind of laughed when I asked him. I apologized and wished him luck and safe travels. He did the same.

My niece loved them when that single came out. I should have gotten her his autograph. No wait, that would have really been awkward.

Labels: , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home