Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, August 24, 2007

Waiting for the end


Just three more shows and this tour will finally come to an end. The next show in Minneapolis has been moved to a smaller venue. It seems that they have in house lighting and sound. We could fit the lighting system we are touring with in there, but the venue will charge the promoter a huge fee to take it out. So I am stuck using a bunch of par cans. Whatever, it's stupid all the way around.

The people putting on this tour have wasted so much money do to mistakes they have made.

There is also some petty jealousy and talking behind people's back. It's pathetic, like a bunch of teenagers and their little clicks.

So next week I go home for about a week and get to recharge my batteries before I head back out. I will be spending the month of September lighting the guys from Finger Eleven. It's a club tour, but at least it is a real band. They will also be doing a tour in Canada in October which I may not be doing because of work visa issues, mainly the cost. This hopefully will change.

They are suppose to come back into the states in November for more shows. So the rest of the year should be busy for me.

Labels: , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home