Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, August 17, 2007

Well that was quick


The break is over. Three days goes by really fast. Just like Monday I will spend most of tomorrow on planes flying coast to coast. It's back to Los Angeles and we all get back on the buses to continue the tour. Our next show is in San Francisco and the last date with Rage. Hopefully the crowd will be a little better behaved than they were last weekend in San Bernardino.

The Sacramento show on Sunday has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales. This gives us another day off which we will spend in Reno. There goes my per diem for this week.

It also looks like they are changing the venue in Minneapolis on the 25th. It was suppose to be at the Metrodome in the parking lot. I guess it will now be at the Myth. This is a smaller venue but we should be able to get most of the lighting system in there. This is probably a good thing since I suspect tickets numbers were not high enough to hold it outside at a large venue.

Just a couple weeks on this tour and it's on to another in September. I won't mention the band quite yet since I am still finalizing things with them. Let's just say I have been on tour with them in the past.

Also one thing I want to mention. The mining accident in Utah has caught my attention. I seems that nine more were hurt trying to rescue the six that have been trapped. That industry needs to start looking closer into the work conditions that these folks must deal with. This particular mine has had so many violations in the past yet they were allowed to remain open. Things to need to change.

Labels: , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home