Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ZZZZZZ.....what.....zzzz.....where am I


Spent yesterday flying from LA to the east coast for a short break. All of this on 6 hours sleep over the last couple of days. I departed at 6 am west coast time. The first flight was fine since I was in first class, I sleep most of it. Now what was bad was the 4 hour lay over in Washington DC. I was so exhausted that I nearly passed out waiting to get some food. I finally got home around 7:30 last night. I had nothing to eat in the house so after a quick trip to the store and some food I finally got a good nights sleep.

The tour continues to be an adventure. San Bernardino was a mass of people. Rumor is it was over 40,000. The thing I know was it was chaos. During Cypress Hill the idiots on the lawn decided to set fires, which included burning plastic bottles. I don't think these people realize they are toxic. Well after I finished the Wu-Tang set I turned it over to the Rage Against The Machine LD and got the hell out of there. Headed backstage to find the catering was closing down. Great no dinner for me. So it was off to the bus to see what was there. Thank god for peanut butter.

Now I just wanted a shower and sleep. Which after waiting an hour and a half I got.

The next day we had a regular day with our production in San Diego. My day went well but the audio guys had all kinds of problems. We had a smooth load out and it took only an hour and half. After showers, at 2 am we headed to LA to catch flights. This is why I had so little sleep, two hours I think.

So here I am at home for a couple days off. Had a chance to catch up on mail and pay the bills. I went out looking at televisions too. I had planned to buy a new LCD flat screen HD later this year, but found a nice one for a good deal, so now it sits in my living room.

I also needed to get new piece of luggage since my current bag has a zipper going on it. I hit the outlet mall and the Samsonite store and picked up one of the $400 ones for half price. Hopefully this one will last longer than six years.

Anyway I head back out on Friday to LA to rejoin everyone. We will drive up to San Francisco for the last of the shows with Rage. There is talk the Sacramento show the next will be cancelled because of poor tickets sales. Oh well that means another day off, I get paid either way.

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home