Doppler, A Roadies View

Saturday, April 28, 2007

You aren't as good as you think

Just because a venue is nice in appearance doesn't mean that it is the greatest venue in the country. Salt Lake City may have a nice new venue but the majority of the crew there are lazy and arrogant. Nothing against the fans. It's unfortunate that this is the only venue of this size in town for them to attend shows.

SLC could take a few lessons from the Voodoo Lounge in Kansas City. Nice venue, good gear and the all important professional and friendly house crew. That is the way to run a concert venue.

As you can see I am on a rant about the last few shows and the venue's we played.

Dallas.....oh Dallas...the fans were great. A sold out show in perhaps one of the worst run venue's I have ever been seen in my 20 plus years in the business. First off gear that doesn't work and gear that wasn't there that was advanced for. There were certain people who need to learn how to handle and run a show. You know who you are.

Ok I had to get that off my chest.

Tomorrow...well actually later today since it is so early in the morning, we will be in Austin. Dam I need to go to bed.

OK I will try to post more on Monday on our day off.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home