Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Peanuts, Pretzels and weary travelers


The next few days will be filled with sleepless nights, tight spaces and smelly people.

I have to fly to Los Angeles tomorrow for a show with Five For Fighting. Yes I know we are still two weeks from the tour starting. On tuesday we will be playing a corporate event, which is actually near Costa Mesa.

These things are always interesting. Sometimes they are just a party thrown by the company. This one is a yearly event I guess, where they give out awards to their employees.

John and the band are the evenings entertainment.

Anyway I get to spend the next couple of days flying from Upstate NY to LA and then back on Wednesday. I will be trying to fly as light as possible, I'm not even going to bring a laptop. LAX is a pain, not so much flying into but flying out of, even before 9/11.

I have been on line moving my seat assignment on the flights. I wish you could select exit rows on line.

The best part of the trip is I get to spend a day and half in some nice weather. Oh yea...I get paid too.

Labels: , , ,

2 comment(s):

I love traveling, but I can't imagine traveling across country on a regular basis. Must be tiring. After awhile you probably don't remember which hotel or city you're in.

By Blogger AVCr8teur, at 12:48 PM  

You make it sound so romantic :)

By Blogger Jay, at 5:02 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home