Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sad news

There have been several musician's that I have known over the years that have died way too young.

Most recently in 2005 it was Chris Whitley.

Now another one has passed.

One of the first non-local bands that I worked with was Shok Paris. This was back in 1987. They were the first heavy metal band to sign to IRS records. They did several tours during 1987 and 1989, releasing two albums on the label, plus one album on their previous label . Their original drummer and co-founding member Bill Sabo passed away March 16Th. He was just 46 years old. He left a wife and two kids.

When I worked with the guys Bill had already left the group to pursue other interests. I did meet him several times during that period though. He was a talented musician and well liked.

It's sad when someone dies especially so young. It makes you think of your own mortality, he was only three years older than myself.

I will be unable to attend the funeral in Cleveland but I have sent my condolences.

RIP Bill.

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home