Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Snow in Wyoming.......yep...that's what that is.

One week into the tour.

Where am I? I find myself in Wyoming at a hotel. There is no show here we are just passing through on our way to Kansas City. The next show isn’t until Thursday. We are coming in from Mormon country, aka Salt Lake City.

The tour is going well for the most part. The crew is exhausted however. Our days are long especially since we are all doing double duty or in my case triple. I actually sat down today to eat a real lunch.

We have done a couple of good venues and a few bad ones so far. The best venue so far is the Wiltern in Los Angeles, which of course is John’s hometown. The local crew there is also one of the best in the country.

I wish I had some pictures to post but I have only taken a few and none of the show so far. I’m not going to get into details about the last week, mainly because it is a bit of a blur.

We have three shows in a row coming up which include two in Texas. Next Monday we will be in Orlando at the House of Blues. If you are attending dress nicely since the show is being video taped. Five-camera shoot, which will be broadcast on a later date, on the Internet, I believe. Not sure when or what site.

We also found out the show in Louisville will be opening for Collective Soul. I have done shows with them in the past and they are a good band. The problem is a very small stage. SO I have decided not to use the lighting we are carrying and will just use what is provided.

There is also going to be a TV appearance on FOX in NYC, the morning of the Philadelphia show. Really looking forward to that, NOT! Up way too early and on a show day. Loading in at like 5am for a 9 or 9:30 performance. I believe this is the same show we did back in the fall. We have to then load out at 10am and drive to Phily.

So if the crew seems tired and punching that day you will know why.

I will try to post more, hopefully our internet connection on the bus will be repaired soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 comment(s):

i love all of the info and insight that you've got on the band!!! i definitely will keep watchin your posts!

By Blogger Ryan, at 5:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home