Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, July 04, 2005

reunions........they make you think

The music business has taken up so much of my time.

Yesterday I attended a family reunion, which is the first one I’ve been to in years. I spend so much time on the road I usually miss these things. My cousins from my dad’s side of the family put this together. My Dad had two brothers and sister. There are quite a few offspring just from them; sixteen kids and something like 30 grandkids. I’m not even sure how many great grandkids.

The reason I’m writing about the whole thing is the realization that most of my life has gone by and I didn’t notice. Sure I see my mom and sister and her kids quite a bit. However the last time I saw most of my immediate cousins was at my dad’s funeral over tens years ago. I don’t really know them anymore and that is what bothers me. I was fairly close to some of them years ago.

I was having this conversation with some of them about how quickly time has gone by. Most of us are at the age or just past the ages that are dad’s died. They died quite young if you hadn’t guessed. Hopefully we will all try to stay in touch more.

I have a lot of old friends who I’ve also lost touch with. Actually most of the friends I have now work in the business. I guess that happens with most people.


1 comment(s):

It is especially hard for a travellin man like yourself, I'm sure!
I'm glad to be one of the old friends back-in-touch!!
~Debbie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home