Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, June 26, 2005

iPod....fad....or .......

I bought my nephew an iPod for graduation, he just finished junior high school. I own one myself and of course I really like it.

It's amazing how quickly they have become so popular. I can't remember an electronics gadget selling this fast. Usually it takes the average person several years before they buy.

Look at the VCR. I think they were on the market for several years before the average person bought one. Now the DVD was a little quicker to popularity. Even the Walkman which was very popular didn't sell as many units as the iPod in a short amount of time.

Why? Is it the ease of use, the price, the coolness factor? I think it's all the above.

5 comment(s):

A graduation present for a junior in high school? What did he graduate from?


Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 1:48 PM  

I LOVE MY ipod! I never thought I'd use it as much as I do...and I'm a 38 year old woman!

Very cool!

You are a very cool uncle!! LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

no scooter, he graduated from junior high school.

By Blogger Doppler, at 2:05 PM  

Wow, am I an idiot, although I don't remember actually graduating from junior high and I surely didn't get any presents.

By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 2:31 PM  

I love my iPod. It's known as my second boyfriend...

By Blogger Christine, at 2:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home