Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Tour Prep

Well, things are coming together for the Five For Fighting tour. The starts in just 6 days. Myself and the sound engineer, Al are wearing several hats again. He is tour managing and mixing sound. I'm running lights, setting up drums and overseeing the merchandise. We also have a stage tech. Al and I did the same thing in 2002, along with a different guitar tech.

Al is like me and can do several jobs and do them very well. When people hear how much we do they think we are overworked. This is not the case, we just budget our time very well. The organization is well organized, which helps. We carry our own mics, a monitor console and in-ear monitors. I use local lighting production. I wish I could carry some moving lights for this run. Hopefully later this year. The guys don't have a ton of band gear. Which saves us some time when setting up.

So I'm going to try and take quite a few pictures on this run. I will post as many as I can on my site. I wish this run was a bit longer. I would imagine there will be more dates in August and September. The first single is still get a lot of airplay. So hopefully we will be working through the rest of the year at least.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home