Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, May 31, 2004

Letter about Wally

A few weeks ago I posted a couple thoughts on the death of a stagehand in Miami. As I said before I did not know him. However, I received a email from an old road buddy who lives in south Florida. He knew Wally very well. Here is the email.

Wally (Walter) was one of my union
brothers as well as being a very good friend of mine. As far as what
really happened it still isn't clear, he had the harness on but wasn't
clipped in, he unclipped to make the transaction into the seat, no one
really knows right now. What we do know is OSHA was around the first
couple of days but, as usual here in South Florida it seems to be just
going away which is shame because something like that will
happen again if not here somewhere else.
As for Wally was a great guy I met him in 1992 when I moved down here.
He was the kind of guy that would do anything for you, you just had to
ask and, he wouldn't take anything in repayment. I remember having
almost gotten into a fight with him to take gas money from me once when
he took me to the airport. He will be missed more than I can express in
words.
Anyway I just thought I'd give you a little feedback on the situation
and, if anything changes I'll let you know.

Peace,
Alan


Thanks Alan. He sounds like a genuinely good guy. Again my condolences to all those who knew him.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home