Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New gig


I have known for a couple of days that I will be doing a new tour in July.

This one is quite a bit different from the Five For Fighting tour as far as music style. If you know me, you know that I have worked with everything from rock, pop, metal, hip hop and even jazz artists over the years.

I spent four different summers on the Smokin Grooves tour, which is a hip hop festival tour. I worked as a lighting director on all the tours and even designer the last couple years. We had everyone from Outkast, Public Enemy, Ziggy Marley, The Fugees to Jurassic 5 on those tours.

So this summer I will be the lighting director for the Rock The Bells tour which starts July 26th near Boston. This tour will feature Wu Tang and Nas along with Public Enemy and others playing around North America. I will be running lights for the headliners and the acts without lighting directors.

Also on a few shows will be Rage Against the Machine. I will not be their LD since they have their own. I am familiar with them and actually have a couple of their CD's in my collection, however I have never seen them in person.

This tour is still coming together on the production side and I hope to have more details before the end of the week.

Labels: , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home