Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm going to burn my resume

I can't believe the amount of bad luck I have had this year. The phone rings or I get an email asking for my resume. I kindly send it over. Usually I get the call back telling me I'm being considered. Then for whatever reason I don't get the job.

Fine it happens.

Week before last I get a response back from a manager that he didn't want to insult me with an offer since he knew he couldn't afford me. WHAT?! Yes that's right, he said looking at my resume he could not afford me.

Hey pal....I will listen to any offer. It's tough out there these days and any tour will pay more than I'm making working at home.

Now the other day a friend of mine referred me for a tour manager position with Ian Gillian. In case you don't know he is the lead singer for Deep Purple. Now I don't always get to work for people who's music I generally listen to. Sometimes yes, but not usually.

Deep Purple were one of the first groups I got into when I was a youngster in the mid 70's. Yep I'm getting old....Oh wait...That would make the guys in Deep Purple......Never mind.

I was really hoping to get the job. I have always wanted to work for them. Now granted it is just the singer, but hey, it would still have been fun. No I didn't get the job. They decided to bring in someone from the DP camp. I can live with that.

Yesterday I looked over the resume to see if I needed to change anything. Nope it's fine.

4 comment(s):

Hey Buddy...
Thanks for renting out my blog...

And chill on the job thing. Life goes on and on, but it always has good in store for you somewhere. Be happy, 'coz you know that yours is a very normal life, since its filled with hardships.... Congratulations on the new job anyway...

Well, I might not be the right person to advice you, 'coz Im just a 16 year old kid, while you're very much 40+. Still, its a message from a guy who's got his heart right ;)

Cya and good luck,
Mohan

By Blogger Agent M, at 2:22 PM  

Hello, I came arcoss your blog from BlogExplosion. Good luck with you job search!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

Hopefully you can get a job, there's a possibility that your resume may be too good making you overqualified (it's possible, I dunno).

By Blogger Allan, at 12:19 PM  

I am a big Deep Purple fan too. They were the first rock band i got into when I was about 14 and I am now rediscovering them. It would have been a cool job to have!

http://www.pupart.blogspot.com

By Blogger Julia, at 12:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home