Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My blog has been reviewed.......ah....thank you?...

There is a blog titled "I talk too much". [we're rude - deal with it] They read your blog and give their opinion. I was reviewed and it wasn't great but not a complete slam.

I have mentioned some metal bands in a few of my recent posts. It was pointed out that I need to "check into todayland". Hum...sounds like a new MTV reality show.

It's funny the bands I mentioned have been around for 20 years and STILL are recording new music and selling out shows. Fine, this music is not everyones taste.

Besides I have worked for other types of groups. Hip Hop, rock, pop and even country. Now generally when I'm touring I discuss the happenings of that group. Well, if you haven't figured out I'm currently off the road.

If you have ever been to a Smokin Grooves show in the past. I lit it and I don't mean with a lighter.

You can usually find me on the road with Five for Fighting. .

Alright enough of the resume. The list is too long anyway.

A couple people mentioned they didn't realize a "roadies" life was so boring. I never said it was it exciting. Don't get me wrong it is a great way to make a living. Money is usually pretty good. However, working 15 hours a day, sleeping 4-5 hours on a bus while travelling at night is not exciting. It's a hard life and most people burn out of the business after a few years. You have to have a certain mentality and drive to do it for a living.

The road is not just about sex, drugs and rock & roll.

There were a couple of suggestions for the blog which I will take into consideration.

Oh....BTW...thanks to "I talk too much". for all the traffic.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home