Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina.... that bitch

In all my years I have met and worked with a lot of people from around the world. Many of them I consider to be my friends. Well now some of those friends and their families are in danger. It's not from terrorists, it's from a major category 5 hurricane.

I have toured with two different bands from New Orleans and also have some crew friends from other tours, that live there. I have emailed a couple of them and of yesterday they were going to ride it out.

Well as of this morning there is a mandatory evacuation in the city of New Orleans. The storm is now packing winds of 175 mph.

I went through a category 2 hurricane a few years back. Not a direct hit but about a 150 miles from the center and it was a scarey situation. I can't imagine what a category 5 would be like.

To the folks along that area, if you can get out now! Please don't mess around with your life.

To my friends, be safe.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home