Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, May 09, 2005

Seeing the country in style

So I usually travel in a tour bus when on tour. However, for this tour seeing that is was just Mindy and one other musician. It was decided to tour in a van. Ok van tours suck. Well this one has been bearable. We are using a conversion van, which has the big captain’s chairs and TV/VCR/dvd so it’s not too bad.

Now the part that has a bit annoying, is the tour has a break. Last show was in Seattle and the next show is in Chicago. So yours truly gets to spend the week driving there. I was supposed to have help, however as I mentioned he no longer works with us.

So the drive is interstate 90 pretty much the whole way. I’ve been all over this country, but I have to admit when you ride on a bus you are sleeping and you miss much of it. Especially when you travel at night.

Let me tell you I’ve seen over a thousand miles in the last two days and I have missed some beautiful country all these years. As I type this I’m 35 miles from Mount Rushmore and if you can believe I’ve never been there. So tomorrow morning I plan to get up early and go see it.

I should still be in Chicago by late Wednesday night. I love 75 mile an hour speed limits.

1 comment(s):

Great Blog!

Keep it up (no pun intended)!

By Blogger Peggy Archer, at 11:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home