Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, January 29, 2007

Superbowl.......are you going?

It's that time again in North America that football fans gather like it's a national holiday. Even many people who don't really watch the game during the season become interested.

That's right it's time for the Super Bowl. I will not be attending this year in Miami. Oh wait I never attend. After 20 years in the business you would think I would have.

I know people that do and usually every year. Of course they are working one of the many music performances that occur during the weekend event. For me I have not been as lucky to work for anyone who has.

It's ok, I have done many of other fun and interesting places and events. How many of you can say you have been to the Playboy Mansion? Show of hands....1....2....ok, maybe a couple of you. So you know what I'm talking about. :wink:

I did a private event for the John Lennon exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Nothing like rubbing elbows with music legends.

Being that I am working with Five For Fighting again. It would great to do an event at the Stanley Cup this year. John played an event last week in Los Angeles for the Kings. Luc Robitaille had his number retired and he was there for a party afterwards. It was nice to hear they retired Luc's number, he was a great player. He even played for a season in Pittsburgh for my Penguins.

Getting back to this Sunday. One of these years I might get lucky and attend. So like most of you I will be sitting in front of a television, eating too much and watching the game. Who do I want to win, well I really don't care. I'm a Dolphins fan, but that is another post all by itself.

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

Hell no I'm not going and to think that next year it's going to be two miles away from me.

The only thing I like about Super Bowl Sunday is all the food. Pizza, chicken wings, couple of beers and good company.

To me the game is the least important.

Hopefuly you'll do one soon, at least you'll get to say I saw the wardrobe malfunction first hand.

By Blogger Jose, at 3:54 PM  

Mmmmmmm - homo-eroticism in sports (ie American Football). Better than going to a gay club...

By Blogger Vlad, at 1:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home