Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another year gone by


On this day I am not going to tell you about any New Years resolutions.

Today I want to mention my boyhood idol. As a kid I became a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates because of their right fielder Roberto Clemente.

I admired him as a player but also as human being. This is a man who gave up his life helping earthquake victims in Nicaragua. On this date he was overseeing a shippment of food and supplies when his plane crashed. His body was never recovered.

This man did not only for these people but for those less fortunate throughout his career. Especially people in his home country of Puerto Rico.

Now look at your life and your resolutions. Something to think about.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home