Doppler, A Roadies View

Friday, June 09, 2006

32 and your flipping burgers.... or is that the bandit

I love movies. Especially weird, stupid or unusual, the less mainstream the better. I really like indy films. About ten years ago I heard about this little film shot in black and white about a guy who worked in a convenience store. I heard nothing but how funny it was. The film was CLERKS. The writer/director was an unknown named Kevin Smith. I rented the tape and was hooked. I have seen and now own most of his movies. Well except for Jersey Girl which I didn't care for. I still like Mallrats the best though. Jason Lee is great in this, very funny which is not to bad for an ex pro skateboarder.

Kevin no longer does indy films. Now he does big budget films but they still have that humor. Now comes the sequel to that original film Clerks 2. Just check out the on line trailer. Jason makes an appearence complete with his My Name is Earl mustache.

The Bandit would be proud.

1 comment(s):

I can't wait to see Clerks 2..

By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 2:04 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home