Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Diamond Dave......or is that A Mighty Wind

Back in 1978 I was in high school. Around this time a new band called Van Halen came out with their first LP. At the time I was a big Deep Purple fan and thought Richie Blackmore was king. Well, I knew things were going a new direction as far as metal and hard rock. Eddie was new, original and the songs were so cool.

I got to see them in concert a few times in their early days. These guys were "arena rock".

I will admit I was disappointed when Dave left the band. He did put on some great solo shows with Steve and Billy in his band. Especially when he played those deep VH cuts.

Anyway, I was up channel surfing last night and happened to notice DLR was going to be on Leno. I never watch Leno unless he has a guest on that I really want to see. Hell, I've even worked with bands that have played the Tonight Show. I just don't care for Jay's humor.

I wasn't sure what DLR was going to do. I didn't even know he had a new CD coming out. He just recently was asked to leave his morning radio gig. So I watched and man was I surprised. His new disc is blue grass style. He did the song "jump". Yep you heard me right Jump done blue grass style. Here is the video in case you missed it,YouTube - David Lee Roth on Jay Leno performing "Jump" Bluegrass style

I wonder what Eddie thought.....

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home