Doppler, A Roadies View

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Baseball......musical roadies

Someone asked me the other day about what I do when I tour. You know my job description and titles. Roadies/musicians and baseball players are alot alike. We are in a new city constantly. The show is usually at night. We spend our nights traveling to the next town.

There are people I know in my business that basically have one title. You ask them they say, I'm a guitar tech, I'm a soundman, I'm a drum tech.. kind of like a ball player. You know a catcher, pitcher, first baseman whatever.

I look at myself as a utility player. You know that guy that comes into the game and can play three or four position with ease.

You see mainly I tour manage or do lights. I have been a drum tech in the past. I've even been a guitar tech and mixed sound. I usually stick to the first three though. Especially since I can't play guitar and my ears aren't what they once were. Oh yea I can stage manage and production manage too.

I'm trying to stick to the tour manager and lighting.

You may have guessed I always wanted to play pro-ball. Which at my age won't happen, besides it would be time for me to retire. The good thing at my age, in rock-n-roll I'm not to old to get into the game.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home