Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, January 30, 2006

Netflix......to view or not to view

To fight the boredom while off the road I signed up for Netflix. It was great for the first month or so. It's still a good service. The thing that bugs me is now after several months it takes longer and longer to get new releases. I've had certain movies in my que several weeks before their release. Now a month after their release still no movies in the mailbox.

There are several websites and blogs that complain about Netflix and their policies.

Like I said I like the idea and will keep the service for now or at least until I go back on the road. Which ever comes first.

2 comment(s):

Wow thanks for letting me know about netflex...i guess i'll just stay with the local video store.
Stop by for a visit,i'm a nut

By Blogger Michele, at 8:32 PM  

There's a very simple way to solve this problem: delete all of the movies in your queue that are available now. At least one of the remaining movies in your queue will change quickly to "Now Shipping" when you return a movie to Netflix.

Of course, you probably won't want to lose those other movies, so just create a second queue that doesn't actually ship anything and put those available movies in that queue. Then, when you want to watch one of them, move it to your "main" queue.

This does work; I've done it many times to get new releases. Hope this helps with your Netflix problems!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home