Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Just wanted to pass along

Today there a dozens of people blogging about hurricane Katrina. You all know what has happened and what is happening if you are watching the news. I'm not going to turn this blog into a big discussion on the storm.

I do want to pass along a good blog on the subject though. I heard about it this morning.

As for all the people I know in New Orleans and Houma. I have only heard from one. He is safe in northern Mississippi. I tried calling his cell today to see how things are, but he didn't answer. I have tried calling some others with no luck there either. These are intelligent people and knowing them, I believe they also got out before the storm hit.

Now the city of New Orleans is flooding. It is just a sad situation for all those along the coast. I couldn't imagine what I would do if I lived there.

2 comment(s):

I can't imagine what I would do
either.I think I would have left
the city when the authority said
so.

Marie

By Blogger maria, at 1:05 PM  

I used to live there, albeit very briefly. It's surreal to watch the news and see the destruction at the places I used to hang out. A lot of my friends stayed or got the heck out at the last minute. I just heard from my ex- she went to Alabama and says she may never see her home again. It's very, very sad....good for you for trying to pass on some links. We've got to get news from someone other than Shepard Smith and his doomsdayers..

By Blogger Randall P. Floyd, at 10:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home