Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Big Apple is cooking

Ok so it's hot again. Dam I hate it. NYC in June and the humidity is like August already.

So we played Irving Plaza in Manhattan last night. If you've never been there, it hold around 1,100 people. It's kind of like a little theater, with a small balcony. I've done this venue many times over the years.

So from my end of things, I had several great comments on the lights. Thanks for the kind words. It's nice when people notice.

I was here about a year ago on another tour. Since then they have added a new console (Jands Hog 1000). This made me very happy. I had about 2 and half hours to program, let's just say the pressure was on. They have also added the new Vari-Lite 3000. They have eight of these. They are a bit overkill for this size venue, but they look and worked great.

Our soundman took a couple photos, which I haven't seen yet.

The band had some trouble with the stage monitors last night. They think the stage volume is a bit loud and it is affecting the monitors. So today a new plan is being worked out.

We are spending the day off in NYC. The guys have a another show tomorrow early in the day. It is some industry event in Union Square. My self and the crew are not doing the show. We are going to Philadelphia there is a show tomorrow night. The guys will meet us there after the early show. Then it's on to Washington DC on Friday.

Peter the guitarist who played with the band in 2002 was at the show last night. It was great to see him. He is doing a tour with another artist, the name escapes me, sorry Peter.

Not much else to report so far. I need to take some more pictures, which I hope to have on the site in a few days.

Time for lunch....

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home