Doppler, A Roadies View

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boring post.....don't read


Today is one of those days I don’t want to do anything but sit outside and drink. The weather is perfect, clear and around 70 degrees. Now this is what spring is all about!

I’m sitting on my back deck while I type this enjoying the day. I’m not drinking, still sober after all these years, well I do have lemonade here. I’ve been home about a week now and have spent most of it fixing, repairing and doing other odd jobs around the house. I spent over 6 hours yesterday staining my back fence. I still need to do the backside of it. Doing it with just a brush definitely takes too long. I have a sprayer around here somewhere. That will be used to finish that project.

Anyway, I guess the gear finally made it back to Los Angeles on Saturday, I think. What a nightmare. It cost some people a few extra bucks, which comes out of their pockets not our organization. Next time maybe they will do it right.

I have to fly back to LA on Thursday for the show on Friday. A balloon and wine festival. Should be fun, drunken women and sunshine, makes for a good combination. I’m not looking forward to all the flying though, it takes a lot out of you especially flying coast to coast. Nature of the business I guess. I have to do this a couple of times this month.

Still waiting to hear on the tour options for July. I think the one will probably happen. I hope it does because I get to work with some crew guys that I have toured with on four other tours over the last 10 years.

It’s that time of year and when nothing is locked down for sure you start getting nervous that you may be out of work during the busy season.

Sort of lost my camera on the tour, well actually I left it in the bus. I will be getting it back this weekend. I don’t know why I even took it on tour. I hardly ever have to time to take photos. I discovered I have more use for it at home.

Time to mow the lawn again……now where is my iPod?

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home