Doppler, A Roadies View

Thursday, September 15, 2005

life...stuck in neutral

I haven't been blogging, well at least posting to the blog.

It's been a strange couple of weeks. The phone rings, the emails come through, the resumes go out. People inquire if I'm available to tour, yet here I sit at home. Ok, its not unusual this is the nature of the music business sometimes.

So I began to look for work locally. Well last week I found a job. Nothing to get too excited about. It's with a consignment company selling items for online auctions. Fairly easy work. Taking photos and some computer work. Just something to pay the bills.

If I can find a job that pays decent and his benefits, then maybe I'll stop touring. This surely isn't it.

I went from tour the country earlier in the summer to working in a store. Yea I know I should be happy I found a job. I just feel like I'm stuck in neutral. You know the feeling that you are not going backward, yet never seeming to get ahead.

At least at this point I can take a few moments to ponder the next move.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home