Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Why I don't socialize

I spent this past weekend with my sister and my nephew out of town. My nephew plays basketball for a city youth league. His team, which went undefeated during the season, was asked to play in a tournament of other conference champions. They didn’t win it unfortunately.

The point of this is not the games. You see we spent the weekend at a hotel. Now I try to attend as many of my nephew’s games as I can. With winter usually being a slow time for me, I can. Most of the boys parents and relatives on his team know me, but not much about me.

So this weekend was the opportunity for them to ask 20 questions. I always find some of them quite funny. One of them was, "so you must stay in a lot of hotels?" Well.duh…that is a given. Then a discussion starts about the best hotels to stay in. Someone asked me my favorite hotels. I gave them a couple names, like the Westin in Chicago, the Inter-Continental in Paris and the W in San Francisco.

When I gave them my answers like hotel staff and comfortable beds. I received blank stares like I was speaking in another language. I don’t know what they expected me to say.

Then someone mentions a Holiday Inn near Disney World they stayed at which they said was great. I had to hold back my laughing.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home