Doppler, A Roadies View

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is beginning to piss me off

The other day my phone rings and it's a guitar player I know. He played in a band that I have worked with over the years. These days he is playing with a very well known singer from a famous defunct band who now has a solo career.

He mentions they are looking for an LD who can help with production and wants to know if I am available. I am intrigued and give the tour manager a call. He asks me what my background is and how much I need for salary. He tells me that the budget is tight and management isn't really sure if they can bring someone on board.

I hadn't heard anything for a few days so I shoot off an email today. The response I get back is that they had a ceiling price per week which is 1/3 less than my minimum. They ended up hiring a production assistant who is not a lighting person. I understand that they needed to fill at least one position which was probably an urgent need.

So it appears that everything I have blogged about recently is going to be the case. I am either going to have to lower my price considerably or find other work.

1 comment(s):

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home