Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, February 16, 2009

I must be psychic


Last week I posted about the situation of bands and their managers paying less for crew members for their tours.

Like I mentioned, in todays economy the tough choice of either taking less than you are worth just to work or wait for that proper paying gig.

Well just a couple days later it happened. I was offered a position with a band that I know. I have never worked for them but have shared stages with them over the last 6 or 7 years while working for other artists. They will be a major support band on an upcoming arena tour. They have a separate bus for their crew. It's a pretty good gig.

So you are thinking, what is the problem?

The salary being offered. It is too low. Sure if I told you what it was you would probably say "wow" that's good cash. If I was a young guy and had been doing this for a few years it would be. But after 25+ years it was a bit of an insult.

I told them I would be glad to come on board if they match what I wanted or were close.

We will see what happens. I am not holding my breath.

Labels: , , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home