Doppler, A Roadies View

Saturday, October 28, 2006

St Louis.........

The World Series ended last night in St Louis with the Cardinals winning. I will say I was a bit disappointed. I’m a Pirates fan. Ok I know the Bucs haven’t made the playoffs since the early 90’s. However, Jim Leyland their old manager is now the manager of the Tigers and his staff is all former Pittsburgh player and coaches. Thus the reason for my disappointment with the outcome.

Well last night’s show was in St Louis and just before the encore John came out on stage to announce the score. It was also decided to lower the video screen they have in front of the stage to watch the final out, to the delight of the audience of course.

Once the game was over the band finished the set with the telecast still playing.

I have to say that was a first in my 20+ years in the business.

We have a day off today and a show in Kansas City tomorrow. We are staying in St Louis and will be attending the Blues hockey game tonight against the Red Wings. Should be interesting with another Detroit team in town. We have our own private suite to watch the game from.

The perks of the road.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home