Doppler, A Roadies View

Monday, September 20, 2004

Wet weekend

Well it was one wet weekend. After dealing with the rain on Friday while at home. I jumped on plane on Saturday morning and headed to Boston. Let's just say it was pouring when we landed.

So I arrive at the hotel quite early, around 9:45am. Since I had been up since 5:30am, I decided to crash for a bit.

I wake around 11:30 and our tour manager calls. Let's do some lunch before we head to the venue. He proceeds to tell me our guitar tech is stuck in NYC. His flight won't be leaving there until 3:30 at the earliest. Well our set time that evening is 6:10pm. He's not going to make it. So we decide to have me watch the stage instead of running lights. I'm disappointed to say the least. It's only a 20 minute set and I talk the LD from the production through some of the cues. Turns out he is running lights for most of the bands anyway. The show is at the Fleet Center. It is for the Mix radio station. Mixfest Photo Page

So the set goes pretty well. John's vocal mic at his piano stops working toward the end of a song. Other than that it was fine. We did the show without a soundcheck. The crowd was really good, singing along and all.

We decided to stick around and watch all the bands. Los Lonely Boys played right after us. Then Maroon 5, then Alannis, then John Mayer and then Lenny Kravitz closed the show. I missed most of Mayers set. We took guitars back to the hotel . Then we walked back to catch Lenny. I have to say his showed rocked. He had three horn players and three back up singers. So in all he had 10 people in his band. His engineer had a good mix. It got it bit loud half way through, of course that's what ear plugs are for. His lighting guy, Bryan is the same guy who does lights for Kiss and TSO. He also designed the show for Ozzfest this year.

So anyway John mentioned that the new video for Devil In the Wishing Well is going out to the media outlets this week. Look for it on a music channel near you.

There are some more dates in October. I will probably be doing those if nothing else comes up before then.

So it's back to my boring life for now.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home